Wednesday, December 3, 2008

"Bliss"mas


I became a bliss convert last year after using "the youth as we know it" anti-aging skincare products. It is not often that I am blown away by every product in a line, but I fell deeply in love with this collection. I'll tell you why in a post for another day. Today I want to tell you about another bliss product that I have fallen hard for ... a product that anyone would be ecstatic to find in their Christmas stocking or under the Hanukah bush. I'm talking about the blood orange + white pepper body products. It had me at first sniff. I'm a sucker for citrus. But I don't like anything that's too fruity. That's why this is so perfect. It must be the sassy white pepper that spices up the orange, yet tones it down at the same time so that it is not cloying or overpowering. It's just simply delightful. And that was all before I even tried it. I don't know about you, but winter does a number on my skin. Combine that with the hard water here in my 'hood, and my skin is crying for moisture. The blood orange + white pepper body butter is a long, tall, drink of water for my thirsty skin. It's thick like most body butters, but it goes on smooth and sinks right into the skin. It's not greasy, or slick - just soft and moisturizing. Combined with the addictive scent, and I was hooked. You don't even really need to wear cologne when you use this, but I like to layer it with some of my favorite Jo Malone citrus scents. (I told you I'm mad for citrus.) I really like the effect, and the compliments, I get when I use the body butter and then spritz on a little of the Jo Malone Sweet Lime & Cedar fragrance. The Lime Basil & Mandarin also smells really nice. I haven't tried it with my favorite, Pomegranate Noir, but that gives me something to look forward to! I learned the whole beauty of layering when I started wearing Jo Malone, because that is her whole schtick. You create your own personal scent this way. The bliss blood orange + white pepper comes in the body butter, sugar scrub and bath + shower gel. Jo Malone has many gift sets, including the Fragrance Combining Collection, if you aren't sure what your giftee will like (or can't decide what you want for yourself!). And for my friends and readers in Charleston, SC, the first Jo Malone counter in South Carolina just opened at Saks Fifth Avenue so check it out.

No comments: